WRITTEN STATEMENT OF INFORMATION PRACTICES
Sunbeam Centre, and its programs and services, collects and records personal information/personal health information about the people we serve, our employees and volunteers, and our donors. This information is collected from the person directly, or from someone acting on his/her behalf (the “Substitute Decision Maker” or “SDM”). The personal information that we collect may include:
- Personal name, date of birth, and contact information;
- The names and contact information of family members and significant others;
- Information contained within an Application for Developmental Services and Supports;
- Information that has been shared with Sunbeam Centre regarding the person supported;
- Information that is provided to Sunbeam Centre by employees, volunteers, and donors;
- Any other information that might affect the provision of services and supports.
We may also collect and record personal information from other sources if we have obtained consent to do so or if the law permits. Information shared with Sunbeam Centre may be documented in case notes that are kept on file.
We use and disclose personal information/personal health information to:
- Allow members of our team to provide service, where requested;
- Make referrals on behalf of persons supported, as requested;
- Provide support and assistance to persons supported and their family members;
- Plan, administer, and manage our internal operations;
- Maintain information on our Client Information System for future service needs and planning;
- Meet our employer obligations;
- Support volunteers and donors in their work and support for us;
- Conduct risk assessment and quality improvement activities;
- Compile statistics and conduct research;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and,
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
We take steps to protect personal information/personal health information from theft, loss, and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and disposal. We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance. We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your personal privacy and only uses personal information/personal health information for the purposes to which you have consented (unless otherwise authorized by law).
You may access and correct your record, or withdraw consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact us at:
Sunbeam Centre Executive Director
2749 Kingsway Drive
Phone: (519) 893-6200
Facsimile: (519) 893-9034