Developmental Services Resource Centre – Waterloo Region (DSRC) acts as the single point of access to developmental services for children and youth in Waterloo Region. As such, DSRC will collect information and determine eligibility for children and youth under the age of 18 for Ministry of Child and Youth Services (MCYS) funded developmental service programs.
We provide information and assistance in accessing developmental services to parents and care providers of children between the ages of birth and 18 years. We also provide information to community members and professionals regarding developmental supports and services in our regions.
When you contact DSRC we will:
- Listen to you and your concerns
- Determine your child’s eligibility for DSRC services
- Ask questions to ensure that we understand your child’s needs
- Meet with you to provide an overview of the services offered through DSRC
- Provide you with information on community supports and services that may be of assistance to you
- help to facilitate referrals where appropriate
Referrals may come directly from the individual, their family, or a substitute decision maker. Referrals will be accepted on behalf of the person, from a third party, such as a family doctor or service agency, only with a signed ‘Consent to Share Information’ form from an individual adult or a child’s family.
Referral forms may be obtained by contacting the main office of DSRC at 519-741-1121, or by printing this referral package.
Upon receipt of your completed referral forms, an intake worker will arrange an appointment to discuss the referral request in further detail.